Monday, May 11, 2009

Q&A with Tigerlillyshop



What is your craft all about?
I create one of a kind pieces using a variety of materials. I incorporate vintage kimono textiles in my handmade button jewelry, and do another line using pieces of nature pressed into metal or encased in copper for one of a kind art jewelry.



What inspires you to make what you make?
I have always had an appreciation for a wide range of media. I have found creating different lines of jewelry satisfies my need to use many different materials. Silk, rubber, vintage plastics, copper, brass, and silver all play a role in my studio. I am inspired by the organic beauty of nature in my metal work as well as the colors and textures of the fiber in which I create my button pieces.



What is your favorite piece/product you will have with you at the Handmade Mart?
My preserved nature pieces are one of my favorites. Taking real organic found objects, I encase them in a thick layer of copper, similar to the way one would bronze baby shoes. I am really fond of the acorns, maple seeds and various seed pods preserved in this way.



Where can folks find your craft outside the Handmade Mart?
www.tigerlillyshop.etsy.com

Find me at booth #58!

No comments:

Post a Comment