Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Q&A with this chickadee



What is your craft all about?
Honoring my influences. My mom and gramma are my crafting role models, they've always helped and encouraged me. So this chickadee is really a way of thanking them by making the sorts of things that I grew up watching them make and use. It is lumpy batter of nostalgia mixed with necessity, with a teaspoon of tradition and a dash of something new.



What inspires you to make what you make?
The ladies mentioned above...their homes and the things that you'll find in them. Crafting itself is a constant inspiration. The craft apron came into being because I needed something to help me stay organized while sewing. The knitting project bags came to life as a way to tame my tangle of projects.



What is your favorite piece/product you will have with you at the Handmade Mart?
It is so hard to say...probably the one that I make right before the show when I really should be focusing on something else but can't control myself. You'll have to stop by the booth to see what that turns out to be!



Where can folks find your craft outside the Handmade Mart?
thischickadee.etsy.com And you can always catch up with the makings and doings of the chickadee on the blog (thischickadee.blogspot.com).

Find me at booth #25!

No comments:

Post a Comment