Monday, May 11, 2009

Q&A with Sugar Paperie



What is your craft all about?
Greeting cards from Sugar Paperie are created from a collection of new and vintage materials with an emphasis on color, pattern, and texture. I strive to create something that is modern yet provides an element of nostalgia. You know, when notes were carefully written (and penmanship was something to be proud of!), stamped and delivered to your home. There’s just nothing more thoughtful and sweet than a lovely well-wish being sent to you.



What inspires you to make what you make?
A devoted collector, I scour thrift shops and estate sales, making it my mission to collect and rescue all things pretty. With these lovely castaways, I create small batches of handcrafted greeting cards that are both cheerful and modern as they show the play between color and pattern.



What is your favorite piece/product you will have with you at the Handmade Mart?
My newest line of cards are teeny tiny. Not only are these little guys economical, but they are so sweet! Their petite size makes them perfect for accompanying a bottle of wine (a thoughtful hostess gift!) or to dress up a charming little package.



Where can folks find your craft outside the Handmade Mart?
Around Baltimore, Hon! Red Tree & The Woman’s Industrial Exchange currently carry my work. Also you can find me at www.sugarpaperie.etsy.com.

Find me at booth #1!

No comments:

Post a Comment