Monday, May 11, 2009

Q&A with Jenny Wren Jewelry






What is your craft all about?

Most of my jewelry is handcrafted with natural and recycled materials. I use semi-precious stones, glass, wood, metals, ceramic and vintage jewelry findings in my designs.











What inspires you to make what you make?

As a child I always loved to make things with my hands: coloring, painting, paper maché, collage, etc. As a graphic designer, I’m inspired by shapes, colors and composition. My personal history with art and design informs my jewelry making.








What is your favorite piece/product you will have with you at the Handmade Mart?

Some of my favorite jewelry designs are those created using circular shapes. I have earrings and bracelets made of stone rings, rubber rings, wood rings...the circle is endless, with no beginning or end and that symbolism intrigues me.



Where can folks find your craft outside the Handmade Mart?

You can find my jewelry on etsy at jennywrenjewelry.etsy.com

Find me at booth #55!

No comments:

Post a Comment