Sunday, May 24, 2009

Q&A with Jonathon Wye



What is your craft all about?
I make graphic leather belts using a process for imbedding images into leather that I have spent the last four years developing. As for the art that goes on the belts... Everything from Zombies, to Dinosaurs eating Toast, to kick-ass plaid patterns. Basically whatever odd stories I tell myself at night.



What inspires you to make what you make?
I love love love the technical stuff. I love figuring out how to do new things, new processes. And I enjoy the process of making things by hand. Oh, and if I didn’t express my the art I have trapped in my brain-hole I think I might explode... Literally, gray-matter everywhere.



What is your favorite piece/product you will have with you at the Handmade Mart?
Currently it's my pirate chefs series. A whole line of things with the pirate chefs insignia on it... Tees, belts, aprons, CHEFS HATS!!!



Where can folks find your craft outside the Handmade Mart?
Dekka on U St. and the Denim Bar at Pentagon Row, and dog collars at Chateau Animaux in Capitol Hill.

Find me at booth #22!

No comments:

Post a Comment