Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Q&A with Rebound Designs



What is your craft all about?
Rebound Designs is all about the rescue and transformation of unwanted and damaged books. I take old hardbacks and turn them into beautiful, one of a kind purses, while damaged paperbacks are made into durable, vinyl covered wallets for men and women.



What inspires you to make what you make?
I've always been inspired by the things people throw away or forget about. I used to work at a used book store, and the sheer number of books we had to toss, or that sat on the shelves unwanted for years was staggering. Libraries throw away hundreds of books every year! By remaking unwanted books, I am preserving their beauty and giving them a new life with a new function, while still promoting a love of literature.



What is your favorite piece/product you will have with you at the Handmade Mart?
That's a hard question, it's like trying to pick a favorite book! Actually, my favorite book is easy, it's The Lord of the Rings, and I'm sure to have some wallets made from the trilogy. Custom orders are always welcomed, if you have a favorite book!



Where can folks find your craft outside the Handmade Mart?
You can find me at Eastern Market many Saturdays or Sundays, as well as on my website, www.rebound-designs.com, and my etsy shop, www.rebounddesigns.etsy.com. I will also be showing at Artomatic from May 29-July 5th, on the 7th floor, SW side.

Find me at booth #8!

No comments:

Post a Comment