Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Q&A with Sarang Handmade Crafts



What is your craft all about?
Quilting saved my sanity. I discovered my love of quilting during my second year of law school and without it I may not have survived! My craft is all about modern and fun design. I am passionate about my work and if I don't love it, I won't let it see the light of day. I am happiest when I'm making crafts with beautiful fabrics or taking something old and giving it new life. I would miss the law, but if I could sew all day, every day, I absolutely would!



What inspires you to make what you make?
Everything inspires me! I'm constantly thinking about patterns and colors and how I can mix each to be fun and different. I'm also inspired by other designers, quilters and crafters. I love to go to flea markets, yard sales and second hand stores to search for vintage and unique fabrics. My ultimate quilting inspiration is my nana. She hand quilts everything and I am constantly in awe. While our fabric choices are not the same, I love to take some of her tried and true patterns and renovate them into something more modern.



What is your favorite piece/product you will have with you at the Handmade Mart?
My current favorite quilt is a very simple pink and green baby quilt made with amy butler fabric. Everytime I look at it I can't help but smile! It's currently hanging on my wall and I can't wait to bring it with me to Handmade Mart.



Where can folks find your craft outside the Handmade Mart?
You can find me at:www.sarang.etsy.com OR www.sslp.blogspot.com.

Find me at booth #53!

No comments:

Post a Comment