Sunday, May 24, 2009

Q&A with DC Craft Mafia



What is your craft all about?
DC Craft Mafia seeks to strengthen the independent artist community in directly supporting each member in the promotion of their business and promoting venues for other artists and crafts to showcase their work.



What inspires you to make what you make?
Herban Lifestyle-I love all things herbal and aromatherapeutic, and my craft allows me to be surrounded by them. It's a multi-sensorial experience -- sight, smell, touch and taste. And it's a lot like cooking, coming up with new recipes, but without any calories!

BeadJewelry by ShopGirl-I find inspiration in the creative process itself. The construction of a piece, what colors to play with, materials to use, techniques to combine, complex or simple, what textures to create especially if there is a visual and tactile contrast, all turn me on. Like a bracelet that may look stiff and heavy but is actually light, soft and drapes well on your wrist. I never know what my final piece will look like when I start something, so it’s like going on a journey every time I create.


Erica Burns Designs- I find inspiration in my lifestyle. I am a social worker by day, which can be very demanding & emotionally exhausting. After long days at work I find going home and pounding on metal or sewing is very relaxing.



What is your favorite piece/product you will have with you at the Handmade Mart?
Peyote Bracelets- BeadJewelry by Shopgirl

Silkscreened Pillow covers- Erica Burns Designs

Body Butter- Herban Lifestyle



Where can folks find your craft outside the Handmade Mart?
You can find Herban Lifestyle at Pyramid Atlantic Retail Store, Holeco Wellness Medi Spa in Falls Church, The Muse in Frederick, and Baltimore Chop as well as online at http://herbanlifestyle.com and http://herbanlifestyle.etsy.com.


The Muse 19 N Market StFrederick, MD 21701(301)6633632


BeadJewelry by ShopGirl can be found at http://www.BeadJewelryShopgirl.com

Find us at booth #58!

No comments:

Post a Comment