Monday, May 11, 2009

Q&A with Pretty Little Fings






What is your craft all about?

Pretty Little Fings is all about letting your inner quirky side show. My plush are aimed towards people who are young and humorous at heart. It is a one woman hand making operation with weird hours and lots of randomness.











What inspires you to make what you make?

I have always had a love for fabric and their textures, so it was no surprise when I chose the plush route. My inspiration comes from Children’s Books, animals, and things from my surroundings (like my plush sticks!). As a collector of Children’s picture books, I find myself perusing the pages of them and letting my imagination take it’s course. I start off with sketches and end up with softies made with love. I love using soft materials such as fleece and printed flannels of various colors.









What is your favorite piece/product you will have with you at the Handmade Mart?

I love all of the things I make, but if i had to choose one of the items that will be available at Handmade Mart, it would have to be the Vampire Bats. Picking out the fabric and matching buttons are my favorite things to do. It is one of the most time consuming piece, but most rewarding at the same time.

















Where can folks find your craft outside the Handmade Mart?

Besides Handmade Mart, people can find my crafts on ETSY. www.prettylittlefings.etsy.com Later this summer, I will be exhibiting pieces at the Bear & Bird Boutique + Gallery in Florida as a part of the Stitch Wars show.

Find me at booth #2!

No comments:

Post a Comment