Thursday, May 28, 2009

Q&A with Cherie Lester Mixed Media



What is your craft all about?
My work consists of mixed media collage, painting and photography. Imagery is a mix of realism, abstract shapes, vintage images & papers, handmade paper mixed with acrylics and wax. Many wall hangings are mounted on recycled wood as mini-prints or as larger pieces.



What inspires you to make what you make?
It's all about shape, color, texture, process, layers, design - elements combined to create visual interest. These things form an inspiration of sorts.



What is your favorite piece/product you will have with you at the Handmade Mart?
I just finished a series of original collages on canvas that I'm looking forward to showing.



Where can folks find your craft outside the Handmade Mart?
My blog has info on upcoming shows: http://cherielester.blogspot.com or a small selection of my work is on my etsy site: www.cherielester.etsy.com.

Find me at booth #46!

No comments:

Post a Comment