Thursday, November 19, 2009

Vendor Q&A with Woolarina



How did you get started in your craft?
My mom taught me to knit when I was 5 years old - so long ago! I made a few hats and scarves and put it away until grad school when I needed to do something with my hands outside of schoolwork. A friend and I got pulled into dyeing after playing with kool-aid yarn dyeing (it actually works well!) and the spinning our own yarns came along soon after!



What inspires you to make what you make?
Color is my inspiration! Playing with different colors, seeing how they look in the yarn and in the final product - it's always a surprise to see how things turn out!



What is your favorite piece/product you will have with you at the Handmade Mart?
I've been obsessed with knitting mitts this fall! They are fast and fun and great to keep your wrists warm with this in-between weather we've been having! I'll have tons of mitts at the Handmade Mart, and even patterns and kits for those wanting to make their own!



Where can folks find your craft outside the Handmade Mart?
Many of our yarns are available at http://woolarina.com.

Visit me at booth #41!

No comments:

Post a Comment