Sunday, November 15, 2009

Vendor Q&A with Sabri Ben-Achour



What is your craft all about?
For me, pottery is about discovering beauty in both classical flowing contours, and organic shapes and surfaces. Playing with the clay - even to make a simple bowl or cup - is about feeling the clay and responding to it, as if it's an extension of your hands. It's a good feeling.



What inspires you to make what you make?
Some of my inspiration comes from things I observe in nature - lava flows or treebark or insects. But I also like to keep some aspect of functionality in everything, and sometimes a bowl is just a bowl. And there are many potters out there with such creative minds, they are always a source of steady inspiration too.



What is your favorite piece/product you will have with you at the Handmade Mart?
I try not to get too attached to the things I make, but my favorite will be a set of simple porcelain pitchers.
Where can folks find your craft outside the Handmade Mart?
I periodically have shows in craft festivals or galleries - you can get info from my website www.thesabritree.com.

Visit me at booth #34!

No comments:

Post a Comment