Saturday, November 21, 2009

Vendor Q&A with Hogmalion



How did you get started in your craft?

Do you mean when did I start putting price tags on the crap I make? I think it can fairly be traced back to a yard sale I had one dead of winter in the late 70s at age—I don’t know—nine? I’m pretty sure that’s where I caught the bug. In the corner of the photo you can see a large grocery bag; in it were “paper cameras” (???) that I woke up at the crack of dawn to fold in preparation for the big sale. Total sales for the day? $0.00!



What is your favorite piece/product you will have with you at the Handmade Mart?
I hesitate to declare any one product my “favorite.” And this is not out of some sort of precious notion regarding equal and unconditional motherly love for all of my products, but mainly just because I’m afraid I’ll put some sort of hex on it. Last year I declared the crack rock earrings my favorite and BAM! Didn’t sell one pair. At Crafty Bastards this year I said my favorite was the Meat Mint. Same thing. So forget it!



Where has your craft taken you?
Well, it’s taken me to Adams Morgan a couple of times, and Silver Spring. Although, I went to high school in Silver Spring, and so I guess it really hasn’t taken me anywhere. This May, though, it’s going to take me to London. The plan is to bring a couple of Fetus Cookie Cutters with me when I fly over to see The Stooges. I figure that if I give Iggy a cutter, I can write off the damn whole trip (whatever that means).



Where can folks find your craft outside the Handmade Mart?
I’ve currently got a few things in some shops around town, and a website through which one could purchase something if so inclined. Soon, though, look for Hogmalion & Company on stage at the Hammersmith Apollo Theatre in London!

Visit me at booth #8!

2 comments:

  1. golf holiday in Costa Del Sol is an excellent 18 hole golf course with facilities to match. Cabell Robinson is the designer and a splendid Club House. The golf course opened in August 2003 and has already made a reputation as one of the best in Spain. It is a long course with wide, undulating fairways and well guarded greens. The greens are often multi-level with slopes and speed to deal with. Great views from many holes, especially the 15th. Tee times are every 12 minutes. Visitors allowed between 11.30 and 13.30h.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I expected to thank you for this amazing read!! I obviously venerated every single bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to take a gander at the new stuff you post. To find top account on instagram, please visit instagram viewer

    ReplyDelete