Sunday, November 22, 2009

Vendor Q&A with K. Flick Studio



What inspires you to make what you make?

I am inspired to create by my customers, friends and family and cheesy as it may be. Through talking with customer, seeing their energy, and doing customer orders I am continuously changing the products that I am creating. When working with brides I might use a stone, chain, or metal that I have not previously used and it will lead into a whole new collection. I really enjoy creating items that others are thrilled to find and excited to incorporate into their wardrobes.



How did you get started in your craft?
I have been making jewelry in some form since I was about 10. My best friend at the time and I had a business making bookmarks and earrings. Needless to say it never went anywhere and I moved onto other things. Late in high school I took metal smithing classes at a local art school and fell in love. I then moved onto college and never managed to work bench classes into my schedule. After graduation, and a few different jobs, I found myself going back to making items for myself and my friends. It was something to do at night that had nothing to do with anything else that might be going on. I find relaxation in the repetition that is required in my work, be is sewing or metal smithing.



What is your favorite piece/product that you will have with you at the Handmade Mart?
Currently I am really enjoying layering, mixing and matching my necklaces. Different colors, textures, and patterns. So I do not have one specific piece as much as a style that I am excited about. Much like a charm bracelet, I like for my necklaces to have a story and all work well together. My Grandmother always had the same gold necklaces around her neck, always. All different lengths and styles, all with different stories. I can remember how regal and beautiful they always looked and she is my inspiration for these pieces.



Where can folks find your craft outside of the Handmade Mart?
I am currently selling my pieces at Red Tree in Baltimore, and at my Etsy store, kflick.etsy.com.

Visit me at booth #27!

2 comments:

  1. golf holiday in Spain is known as very fine place for holidays and golf. we can see lots of natural objects like rivers, montains etc. there are lots of large rivers where u can see several kind of fishes and very attractive fishes.there u can find very interesting topics about fishes. there are so many fisher men are also abiding from whom we can listen the so many tales of fishes

    thank you.

    ReplyDelete