Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Vendor Q&A with Bookwyrms Art



What is your craft all about?
I make hand-bound journals and sketch/art books from exotic and recycled papers, leather, and wood. Lately, I have also been incorporating gocco and letterpress prints.



What inspires you to make what you make?
I am inspired by robots, etymology, bibliophilia, improbable inventions, unusual interactions, imaginary maps, curiosity cabinets, and deciphering codes.



What techniques do you use? For me, book becomes art when its creation has purpose, and when its design incorporates content in the form of images, text, and architectural components. Each component can be used alone or in concert to convey a message. I also enjoy inventing hybrid books that combine common binding styles into a brand new way to capture your thoughts in a journal.



Where can folks find your craft outside the Handmade Mart?
I have a website (www.bookwyrmsart.com) where you can see examples of my art. On my website, I list art fairs that I will be attending, and will soon be offering up my books and prints on Etsy.

Visit me at booth #14!

No comments:

Post a Comment