Saturday, November 7, 2009

Vendor Q&A with Natty Paint



How did you get started in your craft?

Natty Paint is the product of years of painting and fine arts training, combined with my interests in fashion and the music world. I started painting on clothing with puffy paints and spray paints in high school, and continued throughout college. The first official Natty Paint shirt was created in December 2008 as a Christmas gift for my roommate. It was a sweatshirt handpainted with puffy paints, based off a collage I had pasted together from various magazines and design books, and then projected onto the back of the sweatshirt. During my free time in my spring semester senior year in college, I learned the process of silkscreening in order to be able to produce many shirts in the same amount of time it took for me to handpaint one.



What inspires you to make what you make?
I am inspired by electronic musicians, it seems bright colors and geometric forms are popular in with this music genre. I also look at art from the 70s and 80s for inspiration, as well as the Art Nouveau and Art Deco periods.

What is your favorite piece/product you will have with you at the Handmade Mart?
I am very excited about the silkscreen vintage clothing I have recently started to sell. It's chic and sustainable at the same time!

Visit me at booth #4!

No comments:

Post a Comment