Saturday, November 14, 2009

Vendor Q&A with Jenny Wren Jewelry



How did you get started in your craft?
A good friend made me a pair of earrings, many years ago, for my birthday. I loved them and asked her to show me how she made them. That was the beginning of my love affair with beaded jewelry and I have been making jewelry ever since.



What inspires you to make what you make?
As a child I always loved to make things with my hands. Coloring, painting, sewing, paper maché, collage, etc. As a graphic designer, I’m inspired by shapes, colors and composition. My personal history with art and design informs my jewelry making.



What is your favorite piece/product you will have with you at the Handmade Mart?
My new favorite creations are my pieces made from recycled felt. I have felt cuffs and pendants, detailed with contrasting stitching and embellished with rubber rings or beads.



Where can folks find your craft outside the Handmade Mart?
You can find my jewelry on etsy at jennywrenjewelry.etsy.com.

Visit me at booth #24!

No comments:

Post a Comment