Saturday, November 14, 2009

Vendor Q&A with Wild Hare Fibers



How did you get started in your craft?
I've been involved in some aspect of fiber crafts almost my whole life, beginning when my great-grandmother taught me to crochet when I was just three years old! She owned a spinning wheel that had belonged to her grandmother, and I remember being fascinated by it when I was small. I eventually inherited it, and while it isn't spinnable, it inspired my desire to spin and master the process of raw fiber to finished product.



What inspires you to make what you make?
I believe my desire to create with fiber is inborn. I'm fascinated by the process and the possibilities. While I draw the colors and forms of the natural world for inspiration, the excitement of designing and creating something new and bringing various ideas and techniques together keeps me passionate about the things I create.



What techniques do you use?
I'm a handspinner, creating both 'regular' and 'art' yarns. I also knit, crochet, weave, dye, felt and sew, and love to combine various techniques in one piece.



Where can folks find your craft outside the Handmade Mart?
My yarns and dyed fibers may be found online at http://www.wildhare.etsy.com, where I also offer tools such as spinning wheels, and kits to DIY. My finished pieces are primarily available at shows and festivals such as this one. My yarn has appeared in Spin-Off Magazine, and several of my knitting patterns have been published in Knitter's Magazine. I'm also available for lessons and workshops.

Visit me at booth #1!

No comments:

Post a Comment