Monday, November 2, 2009

Vendor Q&A with El Jefe Design

Get a sneak peak at our Holiday Shop-n-Stroll crafters and artists, as we showcase their vendor interviews on our blog throughout November.

First up, we're excited to present our Q&A with local designer, Jeffrey Everett, of El Jefe Design:



What is your craft all about?
We create hand made screen prints for local and national touring bands. They are all limited edition on archival paper. We also do clothing and art prints.



How did you get started in your craft?

I started four years ago and got started by taking a class on screen printing while in NYC. I need something to print so I started hitting up bands - posters for free tickets. It snowballed from there.



What inspires you to make what you make?
I get inspired by all my great friends and family and want to help out bands that I respect.

What techniques do you use?
Screen printing is the number one when it comes to finished products but we start out doing pencil sketches before moving to the computer to finish everything for print.



What is your favorite piece/product you will have with you at the Handmade Mart?
I am really excited about our Gaslight Anthem posters as well prints for DEVO, M. Ward, Soulsavers, and series for The Raveonettes.

Where has your craft taken you?
I have been able to get into galleries and exhibits, see my work in magazines, lecture at schools and awesome summits, and get to hang out with bands I like. I am very lucky to be doing what I am doing.



Where can folks find your craft outside the Handmade Mart?
The best place is to check out my site at www.eljefedesign.com.

Visit me at booth #37!

No comments:

Post a Comment