Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Vendor Q&A with Meno Knits



How did you get started in your craft?
I had tried knitting when I was younger and somehow everything I made turned into a big knot. I gave up and didn't start again until I was a sophomore in college. I was staying at a friend's for Christmas and one night, she had a dream that we were knitting together in front of a fireplace. The next morning, she had her mom teach me how to knit. I didn't stop knitting until I had finished the ball, ending up with a holey, uneven dishtowel, that I gifted to my grandfather. I have been knitting ever since.



What inspires you to make what you make?
I am inspired by the yarn. Most time, when I see a skein of yarn I will know what it wants to be almost immediately. When I cannot think of what to make next, I like to flip through a stitchionary, a new lace or color pattern really helps me get re-excited.



What is your favorite piece/product you will have with you at the Handmade Mart?
My favorite current piece is the ghost bag. It was my first freehand embroidery effort and I am really happy with how adorable it turned out.

Visit me at booth #14!

No comments:

Post a Comment