Thursday, November 5, 2009

Vendor Q&A with b-kao



What is your craft all about?
My one-of-a-kind clothing, handbags, and accessories are made using primarily reclaimed and vintage materials. Each piece is made with an original B-KAO pattern and is constructed with care and attention to detail.



How did you get started in your craft?
I taught myself how to sew at a very young age because I liked figuring out how to construct things. About ten years ago, I started sewing more seriously, which led to selling clothing and handbags in independently owned brick and mortar stores and
online retail shops.



What inspires you to make what you make?Colors, textures and patterns all inspire me to create things. Once I see something interesting, I immediately know what I want to make with it.



Where can folks find your craft outside the Handmade Mart?
You can find my products online in my Etsy shop, bkao.etsy.com and website's shop, b-kao.com. My website also lists the boutiques that carry my clothing and handbags. But the best place to purchase things are at craft fairs because there's a wider selection and you can try them on! If you go to b-kao.com, you can find out where all the upcoming fairs are!

Visit me at booth #48!

No comments:

Post a Comment