Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Vendor Q&A with FuzzyMug



How did you get started in your craft?
Last Christmas, I was trying to come up with gift ideas for my friends and family that I could make myself. I had taken a really adorable photo of my best friend's dog and I started playing around with it in Photoshop to see if I could make it into something fabulous that I could print on note cards for her. That snapshot became the first FuzzyMug and it snowballed from there. Everyone loved their custom Christmas gifts and showed them off to friends, family and co-workers. Next thing I knew, the orders started coming in.



What inspires you to make what you make?
I grew up in a household filled with pets and have always felt a special connection to animals. My own motley crew of furry ones (3 dogs and 4 cats) are always giving me new ideas for greeting cards and portrait options. Most of all, I love the process of working on a portrait with a client because they get so excited about it and I can really tell how much they adore their furry critters. Knowing that there are so many good people out there who care so much for their pets - that's truly inspiring!



Where can folks find your craft outside the Handmade Mart?
I have an Etsy storefront at www.FuzzyMug.Etsy.com where a lot of my sales come from. Right now, we also have donated items up for auction at http://www.wilmingtonfurball.com/auction.html. Oh, and you can find some FuzzyMug items at Marlow, McCrystle & Jones Florist in Lutherville, MD and For the Love of Pete in Richmond, VA.

Visit me at booth #10!

No comments:

Post a Comment